- Sunday | June 20, 2021
- 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
- 245 Porter Lake Dr. Springfield, MA 01106
You’re invited to a special walk-through event today… to welcome one another back to our Porter Lake Drive campus in person! Today’s event (noon-2PM) will blend elements of our annual Flower Ceremony with simple ways to reconnect with our congregational home after having been closed for over a year.
We recognize that re-engaging in-person is a transition, individually and collectively. We also uphold that each person has had unique feelings and experiences during the past year-plus. The intention of this event is to create space for all of it – for all of the FEELS. There will be different stations to engage with at your own pace inside, and you are welcome to linger and chat for a while outside.
There are several ways to participate:
- Make some art! Create colorful flowers for a common display in Friendship Hall.
Darcie has put together some resources HERE for doing so – especially fun for families with kids!
- Hold someone’s memory in the light. Our Sanctuary is a always holding space for life and memory. Together we will remember those who we grieved this past year by lighting candles in this sacred space. To name someone, please use the following link. (These names will appear on a screen in our Sanctuary on Sunday.)
- Doodle a flower! We’ve partnered with Piccles, a new collaborative app, to create a virtual bouquet that will appear on a wall in Friendship Hall. The Flower Ceremony is about visualizing the beauty and variety of community. Doodle yourself as flower & add to our bouquet! https://app.piccles.com/UUFLOWER
- Learn about the history of the Flower Ceremony.
Here’s a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz8ad_9vbhQ
Here’s something to read: https://www.uua.org/worship/holidays/flower-ceremony
- Show up! Come as you are. Weary, excited, Zoomed out, all of the above…? It’s all good! Our Flower Ceremony each year invites everyone to bring a cut flower to add to a communal display. If you have a cut flower to bring with you, great! If not, no worries – we’ll have several on hand for you. We are asking that you register your attendance with us in advance, so that we can manage the number of people moving through at one time. The registration form can be found HERE. Thanks in advance! (Masks are required indoors at all times.)
Questions? Contact Denise: Denise@UUSpringfield.org
SEE YOU SOON…